We all experience a broad range of emotions and to experience emotion is to be human! How we process emotion is key to our happiness, health, vitality and creativity. Learning to identify the energy involved in emotion and learning some simple techniques to process this energy allows for transformation of troublesome emotions into more productive, higher frequency expressions. Since ancient times, Yoga has offered a systematic web of knowledge and technique to both purify and divinize the human emotional field.
In this 3 hour experiential workshop, Premajyoti will share background yogic understandings of human emotion as it relates to the Koshas (human sheaths) and the Chakras (energy vortexes).
You will learn:
– Where emotion resides within the Chakras and Koshas
– How this knowledge can transform the way you relate to emotion both within yourself and when it is expressed by others.
– What it means to ‘divinize’ emotion and how this process may be harnessed for your spiritual growth.
– Simple techniques to use both ‘in the moment’ and as background support for the promotion of emotional stability.
– Pranayamas (Yogic Breathing) that relate to the calming of specific emotional states.
– A series of simple postures that quickly calm unhelpful emotion.
The workshop concludes with a soothing Yoga Nidra that will be recorded live for you to take home and use in your personal practice.
Saturday February 16th
1:30pm – 4:30pm
$80.00 NZD ($54.00 USD) – Including take-home reference materials and a recorded Yoga Nidra
This workshop is ideal for:
• Anyone who wishes to deepen their understanding of their own emotional field and process.
• Yoga practitioners who would love to explore the energy of emotion in a deeper way.
• Yoga Instructors, Meditation Teachers, Therapists and other helping professionals who wish to enrich their work with others.
Swami Premajyoti has been teaching, practicing, and researching Yoga and Meditation for over a decade. She is deeply grounded in the profound health, creative, and spiritual benefits of all aspects of yoga. She draws on her extensive study of yogic practice, philosophy and mysticism combined with previous years of experience as an Educationalist, Counseling Therapist trained at Masters level, and as a long-time Mentor of Yoga & Meditation Teachers. Over the years, she has worked with groups in Yoga Studios, Retreats, Community Centers, her own Counseling Practice, in schools, and with individuals suffering from issues ranging from uncontrolled anger, eating disorders, PTSD, anxiety, metabolic issues, cancer recovery, years of insomnia.